The Main Station
  18-100

The main firehouse for the Stony Point Fire District is on the corner of Summit Avenue and North Liberty Drive (commonly known as Route 9W.)  On August 19 1953, the taxpayers approved a proposition to spend $5,200.00 for the purchase of the property.  The two-story brick edifice was erected in 1955 at a cost of $90.000.00.  The Wayne Hose Co. spent another $14,000.00 “plus” for furnishings.  It was dedicated on December 10, 1955 at an “open house”.  Below are some pictures of how it looks today.

Click on any picture to enlarge.

18-100 Bays.JPG (39010 bytes) 18-100.JPG (37474 bytes) Monument 18-100.JPG (38702 bytes) Meeting Room (2).JPG (37424 bytes)
"18-100" The Main Station Our Monument The Meeting Room
Meeting Room.JPG (38042 bytes) 18-100 Stairs.JPG (37220 bytes) 18-100 Radio Room (2).JPG (37686 bytes) 18-100 Radio Room.JPG (36694 bytes)
The Meeting Floor In Our Stairwell The Radio Room Radio Room Console

 

The Sub-Station
18-101

Located at the corner of Route 210 and Central Highway on a half acre of land, the Sub-station was opened in1974.  This former gas station, which has been remodeled affords the housing of additional apparatus as well as a faster response time to those areas to the south and west of the town.  Below are some pictures of how it looks today.

Click on any picture to enlarge.

18-101.JPG (38731 bytes) 18-101 Bays.JPG (37429 bytes) 18-101 Radio Room.JPG (35772 bytes)
The Sub-Station Apparatus Bays "18-101"